Saturday, July 25, 2009

Panbis - Pancake Biscuit, Almost ;p

After that late night supper, I was still hungry.
I'm actually craving cisbuits
huh ?
I meant biscuits.....
huhuhuh.... I don't have any Vegan biscuits, I don't bake, I don't own a dehydrator and I don't know how that works actually hohohho..... and I don't have much ingredients at home.

So.... I try making things up...
I made Panbis !!
huh ? well... it's kinda like pancake and biscuit
So it's Panbis ;p



It's pancake-y with crunchy bits.
or it could be thin biscuit-y with crunchy bits.
:)

Recipe :
- 2 table spoons of flour (I didn't have organic whole wheat or anything healthier)
- a pinch of baking soda (honestly I don't know whether adding this make any difference)
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of cinnamon powder
- enough liquid palm sugar
- enough water and stir with spoon, should be like a smoothie consistency.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, mix well.
- I then add lots of black sesame seed and flax seed.
basically that's the only kinds of seeds I have right now.



Take out your non stick pan.
Low heat.
pour a spoonful of the batter on the pan so it makes little pancake.
Flip after a while, then it's done....
Donee.... it's that simple ;)

The seeds makes it crunchy.... They're like tiny pancakes with crunchy bits inside.
They look like chocolate pancakes ;)
They also look like thin chocolate chip cookies ;D

Leave longer if you want them crunchier.
mmm... this was actually quite good for a non cook like me ;)

I might have to try putting this in the oven and see what happens.
hohoho....

But then... I went to this site and I'm now drooling...
It's raw biscuit made from nut pulp and other sweet goodness.
It's ten hundred times healthier than my oh-I-just-made-it-up Panbis and I think that was exactly what I was craving for in the first place.....:)
http://greenandcrunchy.blogspot.com/2009/07/making-raw-dehydrator-cookies-from.html
Ohh.. they're so lucky I'm full right now.... otherwise I'm going to have to..... beg for some ;D

but my Panbis is easy and quick and I might make it again sometimes.
I should really just eat fresh fruits :)

PS.
Go here for the updated Recipe of the Panbis cookie :)
I added almond meal
http://healthyrainbow.blogspot.com/2009/08/panbis-cookie-super-easy-to-make-cookie.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am loving your site!
This panbis is a creative little treat -- and I love the name :) It looks crunchy and tasty!

Ann said...

WOO! this looks yumm, never heard of this name before ..sounds cute though :)

HealthyRainbow.net said...

Hi Sheri :) thanx
and Hi Ann :).... the reason you've never heard of the name before is probably because I made it up... hohohoho... :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails