Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why Fried Food is bad for us

Another reason why Fried Food is bad for us

As I mentioned before here
1. Fried Food always make my throat a bit uncomfortable afterwards.
2. I'd feel uncomfortable if I eat too much fried food, because my stomach would definitely notice all the oils absorbed in those fried food.
3. and Yep... Fried food is bad for you.
It's bad when you're trying to lose weight, It's bad when you're trying to cleanse, It's just bad.
4. Do you also get this or is it just me ? When I eat too much crunchy food, I hurt my gum a bit, the one near the lower wisdom tooth at the back of your mouth, that's where I chew my crunch crunch and the friction probably irritates my gum a little.

Another reason is :

Acrylamide

What is the problem?
Acrylamide is known to cause cancer in animals. Also, certain doses of acrylamide are toxic to the nervous system of both animals and humans.
(from WHO website)

How does acrylamide form in food?
Acrylamide forms from sugars and an amino acid (asparagine) during certain types of high-temperature cooking, such as frying, roasting, and baking.

What kinds of cooking lead to acrylamide formation? In what foods?
High temperature cooking, such as frying, roasting, or baking, is most likely to cause acrylamide formation.
Boiling and steaming do not typically form acrylamide. Acrylamide is found mainly in foods made from plants, such as potato products, grain products, or coffee.
(from FDA website)

WHO AND FDA links
http://www.who.int/foodsafety/publications/chem/acrylamide_faqs/en/

http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FoodContaminantsAdulteration/ChemicalContaminants/Acrylamide/ucm053569.htm

So goodbye potato chips....
so long french fries.....

and what if you can't stop eating fried food or baked goods or roasted food ?
Just remember to balance it out by eating lots of fresh vegetables and fruits :)
and drink lots of pure water.
and in time...... you'll end up always craving healthy fresh fruits and vegetables above everything else.
:D

3 comments:

janet said...

I love roasted veggies, they are hard to give up, but I don't eat them very often.
You are right, eventually your body gets used to healthy fresh fruits and veggies and that is what you end up craving. Great post!

HealthyRainbow.net said...

Hi janet :)
roasted veggies are yummy, the reason why I don't eat them often is because it's easier and faster to just lightly steam them. I know..... I'm such an impatient non-chef, I suppose that's a good thing for this reason ;)

Unknown said...

we always have vegies roasted or steamed. oil is expensive and that is one of the reason why we don't use oil a lot in my kitchen. i think indonesian food uses a lot of oil and that is why many indonesians these days are still depending on oil to get food served on the table. in terms of potato chips, roasting them is the best way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails