Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Anti Candida Diet Day 5

done on Sunday, November 1, 2009

8 am Woke up
Did a spit test
still stringy and there's specks in the middle of the water
but the saliva seems to float longer on top of the water.
Don't know whether that's a good sign or now, or maybe it didn't really float longer, oh well
(I don't think the spit test is a good test to determine candidiasis though)
I drank warm water + 1/3 lemon
1 Acidophilus capsule not long after.
8.30 am blend of
- aloe vera
- parsley
- ginger water
- 1/3 cucumber
9 am sunbathe
The sun wasn't hot, but I was out there for about 20 mins only
and I thought I pulled my short pants up, but apparenly not, now I have 2 asymmetrical short pants lines on both my thigh.
kinda like this

I guess no more st. john's wort for me, I took 1 capsule two day before to increase sun sensitivity to my skin, but I forgot that I get tanned so very very easily.
But it couldn't have been the st. john's wort making me more tanned when sunbathing today, can the effect happen when I just took 1 capsule the 2 nights before ?
(Update, although St. John's Wort increases sun sensitivity, it wasn't what caused my super fast tan, I tan quick because, well I tan fast, naturally and I think it's also because of all the food - healthy vegan)
hungry, shower and prepare food
9.45 am breakfast
I was starting to have a mild headache, late for breakfast ?
so I drank 1/3 a glass of coconut water
and breakfast is :
- lettuce
- 2 small raw okras
- mung bean sprouts (that's the only thing I've been sprouting)
- steamed cauli flower
- steamed cabbage
drizzled with olive oil


White Tounge Check
10:45 am I looked at my tounge again
It's whiter than yesterday ????
or is it just the lighting ? I think it was just because of the lighting

1.28 pm lunch
the same as breaky, with a little bit of parsley added
2 pm after lunch 1 garlic + 1/2 avocado
3.30 pm nap
4.30 pm woke up, hungry
Ate karedok (raw salad consisting of cabbage, string beans, sweet potato, cucumber, round eggplant) with some lemon juice and olive oil and salt
2+1 tofu and avocado
5 pm 1 kelp capsule
Are kelp supposed to be a white powder in a capsule ?
I'd assume green.

I know, not a bright rainbow color, there's supposed to be more string beans but somehow this one only has like 5 tiny cuts.
I dunno about eating tofu is allowed or not because it's fermented,and some people might add sugar when making tofu but I totally enjoyed it, so there ;p
6.27 pm I'm feeling hungry again
6.50 pm 1 slice of tofu
1/2 small glass of coconut water
8 pm a little bit of dinner like the one at 4.30 pm
but I wasn't really too hungry, probably because of the olive oil and the avocado, so I didn't finish the whole thing.
and I was bored eating the stuff, I wanted to have fish today but only had chicken at home, so maybe I'll have fish tomorrow.
9 pm 1 garlic & parsley capsule
2 glass of coconut water
oh full, now I have a bulging tummy
11 pm went to sleep
(It's 2 nov 09)
12.30 am woke up, feeling not so good, almost hungry, but weird and kinda hard to breathe !!
I don't know whether this is the die-off reaction or me dying ;p
I know I'm not starving myself because I eat whenever I feel hungry, so... we'll see.
so I ate 1/2 avocado and 1-1/2 glass of coconut water and I'm fine now.
By hard to breathe I meant not choking, but like there's only little air, but then again I live in one of the most polluted city in the world and I find it's always harder to breathe compared to in the mountains.
here, it's best described as this, when you're in an air-conditioned room, then your turn off the air-con, and after a while you'll find it hard to breathe, that's what I felt.
2.55 am turning off the computer, going to sleep....
3.30 am can't sleep, but sleepy, hungry again, but good hungry, tummy rumbling
I ate 1/3 cucumber and mung bean sprouts
4.10 am I'm still hungry, too lazy to prepare food
have a slight headache, thinking of just sleeping it off
4.30 am still hungry, still headache
so I went to the kitchen, ate 1 clove of crushed garlic
sautee zucchini and a lil bit of sprouts

ON BEING VEGAN ON THIS ANTI-CANDIDA DIET
I mean, seriously, I eat constantly, and even though I avoid sugar (carbs and fruits), I still get carbs and sugar from the vegs right ?
and I always eat until I'm not hungry anymore, and eat whenever I'm hungry.
So what's with the weird feeling ?
I mean, I've been a Vegan for 7 months now, and I eat the same vegetables as I was 6 months ago, but now I'm just not taking fruits for a while. I still take the good fats (avocado, coconut, almonds, extra virgin olive oil)
Why do I not feel good ?
I'm totally allright if this is the die-off reaction from the candida dying, but if it's not, then there's obviously something wrong with how I eat now.
Read here about Vegan diet http://www.fatfreevegan.com/faqs.shtml
so really... I'm just omitting fruits for my diet and it's only day 5
I had the weird affect on Day 1, which might also caused from food poisoning instead but I doubt it.
Maybe I really do have candidiasis in my system.

I miss fruitssss !!!!
I just miss eating fruits, but I don't crave it and I don't crave sugar, and I think that's a good thing :)
I'll eat fish, and maybe shrimps and prawns tomorrow and see if I improve.

Little caution when Consuming fish
"I do suggest you avoid shark, tuna, swordfish, shellfish, and farm raised salmon because of high mercury levels. The safest fish are shrimp and sardines and wild fish is always better than farm raised. Always trim the belly and dorsel fin section of any fish. These two areas contain the most fat and that is where most toxins accumulate."
http://naturalcandidacleansing.com/Candida_Diet_Fish_Recipes.html

"Do not eat Shark, Swordfish, King Mackerel, or Tilefish because they contain high levels of mercury.
Eat up to 12 ounces (2 average meals) a week of a variety of fish and shellfish that are lower in mercury. : Five of the most commonly eaten fish that are low in mercury are shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish."
http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm110591.htm
http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/Product-SpecificInformation/Seafood/FoodbornePathogensContaminants/Methylmercury/ucm115644.htm


I take a long time to eat....I eat while typing, I eat while researching on the internet, bla bla bla.... so I often take 30 mins or more while eating, a lot of pause in between, dunno whether that's a bad thing or not.

I always have trouble sleeping, but when I'm on this anti-candida diet, it just got worse,
Is it because of the hunger ?
what about famine mode and slowed down metabolism and not feeling hungry ?
Despite sleeping late last night.
I notice that I woke up looking fresh this morning, good skin, no puffy tired eyes, glowing even.

I notice that my lips are getting a bit dry since yesterday, but not chapped, I applied lip balm and it'sok.
The mouth ulcer is still there, but it's not bothering me so much.

5 am I've just decided
I'm not going to do the Anti-Candida Diet that's too strict anymore now.
What about the Candida ?
First,
I don't even know if I have candidiasis or not, I was just gonna do this for a few days and see what happens.

Second,
I'm pretty sure that candida will eventually go away in time, with a proper healthy diet and lifestyle.

Third,
I'm bored with the food !!! sometimes my Vegan food just taste so bland and I get bored, (most times it's really good and I enjoy it so much) So I'm allowing more stuff for when I'm bored with my Vegan food and also for when I really really want the other food so I can really really enjoy it ;p
I need that happy satisfied feeling at each meal.

Fourth,
honestly, some of the weird symptoms & discomfort are scaring me ;p and I'd like to be on the safer side now.
I know I'm supposed to do this under a supervision of an expert, etc etc, but I just decided to do my own research until I just got so overwhelmed by all the different information on the internet and I didn't know who to ask.
So Last night I prayed and said "If I'm doing this right, please guide me to the right information and If I'm doing this wrong, please "wake" me up"
I'm a Catholic but I'm not the most religious person, I'm still lazy to go to church and I still even got scared of ghosts when I'm alone ;p
But I believe in God and I try to say my prayers in about everything.
I know any sane person would not even try such a diet if the reaction is quite bad, but stubborn me was persistent to stay on this diet.
So today, I suppose you can say that I got my "answer" because after 5 days of enduring what I suspect to be the "die-off" reaction or what could be the effect of my only eating vegetables for 5 days, I've finally decided to slowly start adding more food such as complex carbs, fruits, fish to my diet.
So.... prayers do help :)
Still focusing on the Anti-Candida Diet though....
Read next post for Anti-Candida Diet Day 6 with Fish :)

I think I'm no longer 100% Vegan for now.
Why ? will write a post about it

5.30 am sleep
8 am wake up (2 Nov 09)


CAUTION : These posts are here for my own documentation and NOT as a guide on how to do the Anti-Candida Diet. I'm not a Doctor/Nutritionist so please do your own research, consult your doctor and Take care of yourself :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails