Monday, May 4, 2009

How to make a Ginger Herbal drink ?

You can mix it with tea, but I'm not drinking tea at the moment,
but you can use tea if you want.

Get some ginger :)
Don't put too much Ginger if you only want a mild Ginger herbal drink.
Some people grate the ginger, but I don't like messy,
so I peel the ginger, slice them thinly and chuck everything in a pan.
(you can also bruise the ginger)
If usually add Pandanus leaves for aroma, they're kinda like vanilla, but different :)
Get some pandan leaves, crunch them a bit with your hands, or tie them in a knot.
then Add water, Boil them for a few minutes.
then it's ready to drink :)
or you can add Palm sugar / Honey / maple syrup for sweetness.
I don't recommend white sugar though.


Okay... I only scrunched the pandan leaves and threw them in.
and I didn't really cut the ginger into thin slices here.
but I made some incisions :P

hmmm.... warm....

Sometimes I also add Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus)
okay... some spelled it citratus, ciatrus, ciratus, dunno which one is the right one.
Also with Health properties.
The Lemon grass is a good cleanser that helps to detoxify the Liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and the digestive tract. It cuts down uric acid, cholesterol, excess fats and other toxins in the body while stimulating digestion, blood circulation, and lactation; it also alleviates indigestion and gastroenteritis. It is said that lemongrass also helps improve the skin by reducing acne and pimples and acts as a muscle and tissue toner. Also, it can reduce blood pressure.
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/9-2-2006-107399.asp
You can' really taste the lemongrass in the herbal drink coz the taste of the Ginger overpowers it, but I throw the lemongrass in anyway.

And sometimes I also throw in Turmeric slices.
Health benefits here http://www.buzzle.com/articles/benefits-of-turmeric.html

and also Mint leaves,
or Parsley
basically just about everything that's in my fridge ;p
They're all beneficial for you anyway :D

Enjoy your Beneficial Ginger Herbal drink :)

Ginger (Zingiber officinale)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails