Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Big breakfast of veggies

Remember the photo of the Fresh food and Vegetables I got here ?

Well....
the next morning, I woke up early and steamed most of it.
I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so it was a lot of work for me :p

So here's the pic....
mmm...Big breakfast

Sweet potato in the middle
clockwise, from the top :
Chayote, Spinach, Raw string beans and baby corn,
Chayote shoots, Broccoli and Cauli flower.

Dipping sauce : lemon and sweet soy sauce
*will talk more about sweet soy sauce later... yummm*

Somehow the pic don't look that appetizing... boohoo :(
need more reds, huh ?
hahahha but anyways :)

I know... it's best to have fruits in the morning, but I was hungry !!!
and I didn't have my blender and my juicer at this place anyway. ;p

So........ and I knoww......
I should take in more Fresh Raw Vegetables instead of steaming them
at least I have the raw string beans and baby corn ;p

ok... next time... more fresh raw veggies :)

btw. I don't know how to cook chayote shoots.
The ones I had in restaurants are soft and tender, but not to soft, just right, and so yummy.
The one I steamed was hard and kinda fiber-y to eat, even though I steamed them longer than all the other veggies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails