This is es Cendol
a traditional Indonesian dessert and it's Vegan.
I did a post before about cendol here
Cendol + Coconut milk + palm sugar + ice = Yummm
(yellow stuff is jack fruit)
I think cendol is best made with rice flour instead of mung bean flour.
rice flour - softer cendol
mung bean flour - chewier cendol
Most of the time I ask the palm sugar liquid to be separated, because they usually add too much which makes it way to sweet for my taste.
The Green color comes from suji or pandan leaves, No artificial color there, but sometimes vendors are lazy and use pandan paste instead.
The colorful pink fiesta on the right is called es Doger
shaved ice with coconut milk and bright pink rose syrup
(okay... bright pink is not a good sign)
- fresh coconut meat slices aka white stuff
- sago pearl aka pink pearly stuff on top right
- jackfruit - aka yellowy stuff on top right
- tape (read : tuh-pay) fermented cassava aka yellow stuff on bottom right
- glutinous rice (I think it's also fermented) aka black purply stuff on bottom left
This is totally vegan, but some vendor might add condensed milk on top
and some bread cubes too :)
es cendol looks best without flash
es doger looks best with flash
They both were super good though.
Pochi Poronchi Charity Project - Update.So this Charity project is officially closed, I don't update this blog anymore and the shop's not raising any money for charity either, the amount st...