Saturday, June 27, 2009

How to detox ?

It's been a while since I do a detox.
especially since now I've been a Healthy Vegan for almost 3 months ;)

But..............
I remember doing this...
(I was still eating everything... meat, dairy, sugar, etc etc)
- So I'd reduce meat, carbs and fried stuff and eat more vegetables for a few days.
(no sugary desserts, no dairy, no coffee)
- Then I'd just eat fruits for 1 day....
All kinds of fruits, watermelon, apples, bananas, melons, oranges, etc
As much as I want, everytime I'm hungry I just eat fruits.
- Then... if I could, I'd drink only fresh fruit juice for 1 day.
- I think that's about all, that's what I did.
- then the next day I'd start eating carbs (rice, noodles, pasta etc) and more vegetables
- then it's back to normal the next day

But I've always loved eating fruits all my life.
So no matter what I eat, I also eat a lot of fresh fruits throughout the day.

Side effects of Detoxing
well, it's not really a side effect,
But.... some people experience dizzyness, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.
It doesn't mean you are getting sick,
It's a sign that your body is cleansing itself.
But as always, Don't force yourself, Listen to your body.
There are also different types of detoxing.
so Research on Detoxing.... Read read and read

Good Luck :)

ps. you've got to WANT to detox to really be able to detox your body ;)
pps. Adding Beet in your juice (carrot+beet juice or apple + beet juice) is a good way to help cleanse. you'll see that your poo becomes red ;p

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails